Pages

Friday 23 March 2018

Experiment/ Auckland Volcanic Eruption.



Today in our science class we all watched a Auckland Museum Volcanic Eruption together!!
Narrative Writing.
So it was my first and only time coming to the country of New Zealand coming to spend Christmas with my family who lived in Mission Bay,where I saw something that I couldn’t imagine out in the beach where we live. As I was just getting dinner out on the table with my family we could hear a weird, freaky sound so I decided to pull the curtain and peek out the window. “Oh No” I said, there's a Auckland Volcanic eruption, myself and my family were very scared as we heard clashing, cracking, loud noises. As we watched it started off with a small shaking earthquake that was caused by the magma pushing through the rocks of the crust, and as it erupted it formed a huge group of dark, black ashes exploding everywhere,cracks and fissures it was a disaster!

As there was a lot of ash exploding everywhere it became bigger and bigger, Bombs and blocks clashing into the sea and everything was just destroyed looking ugly.
At the end it formed a little Island/Lava mounting up, cooling down that ends up turning into rocks which forms mountains, and the Misson Bay sea became very Nasty.

For more information click on the link below.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Henrietta, here's your point score!
    You correctly used (for 3 points each):
    earthquake
    magma
    crust
    ash
    bombs and blocks
    island
    lava

    Your exciting adjectives also got you some more points:
    'freaky' sound
    ash 'exploding' everywhere

    You didn't lose any points for forgetting any capital letters at the start of sentences, but you did lose 2 points for using 'cracks and fissures' the wrong way - cracks and fissures are small gaps in the crust/Earth that the mantle tries to push through as it rises to the surface (after the mantle has been made by a thermal plume melting the bottom of the crust rock).
    So your total score was 23!

    I really enjoyed how you set up your story to be in an interesting and personal setting (having dinner with your family) before you included your observations and some scientific explanations.

    Thanks for sharing your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Henrietta. I really like the way you helped the reader understand what this looked like and sounded like. I wonder what the magma smelt like?

    ReplyDelete